- 1 whole spaghetti squash
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Rinse or wipe & then dry the exterior of the squash.
- Use a fork to punch holes in the squash, scattered over the surface.
- Place the whole squash in a shallow baking dish, such as a large glass casserole.
- Bake it for 1 hour.
- Remove it from the oven & let it sit for about 5-10 minutes to cool a bit.
- Cut the squash in half. Use a large metal spoon to scoop the seed area out of each half.
- Sprinkle sea salt to each half. (optional)
- Use a fork to gently scrape the flesh of the squash; it will come off easily in thin spaghetti-like strips.
- Serve with your favorite flavorful sauce, vegetables, &/or protein. (I sometimes like to use just a little bit of olive oil to coat the "noodles" & a small amount of fresh parmesan cheese with garlic...yum!)
What are some of your favorite Fall healthy recipes?!